Posted on July 07, 2021
These vegan veggie fritters are packed full of healthy vegetables, but taste absolutely amazing! Even the fussiest eaters will love them - so they’re great for families too. Who knew veggies could taste this good?!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Makes: 10 - 12 fritters
- 1 head broccoli, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Deliciou Veggie Dust
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup vegan butter/margarine, melted
- Grate the vegetables into a large bowl, then sprinkle ½ tsp salt and mix thoroughly. Wrap the mixture in a clean tea towel and place in a bowl. Allow to sit for 10 mins to allow excess liquid to be drawn out.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and Deliciou Veggie Dust in a large bowl.
- Using the tea towel, squeeze the vegetable mixture thoroughly over the sink to get rid of excess liquid. Empty the squeezed vegetable mixture into the flour bowl and mix well, ensuring the whole mixture gets coated in flour. Add the melted vegan butter and garlic, and stir to form a thick batter.
- Heat a generous layer of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When a drop of batter sizzles in the oil, it is ready to cook the fritters in. Scoop a ¼ cup of batter for each fritter into the pan and flatten with a spatula to make a mini pancake shape.
- When the fritters are golden brown on both sides, remove from the pan and place on paper towel. Serve warm and sprinkle with extra Deliciou Veggie Dust if desired.
Grab your Deliciou Veggie Dust Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.