Vegan Chicken Burger
Posted on January 27, 2022
The ultimate plant based chicken burger recipe is here!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 bread rolls/burger buns
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup Vegan Mayo + 2 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning, mixed
- Prepare the chicken according to package directions, mixing in the Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning. Shape into 4 thin patties to fit the buns. Cover and refrigerate until step 3.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large pan on medium heat, then fry the onions for 3-4 mins until caramelised. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan with 3 Tbsp oil, fry the chicken patties until they are golden brown and a little crispy on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut the buns in half and toast them face down on the same pan to give them a nice crust.
- To assemble the burgers, smear the base of the rolls with avocado and a pinch of salt. Top with a chicken patty, caramelised onion, lettuce, and tomato. Smear a generous dollop of bacon mayo on the burger lid, then place on top. Get 'em while they’re hot!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.