Pork Fried Rice
Posted on January 21, 2021
You can’t go wrong with this dinner staple. Perfect for those lazy weekdays, using our Deliciou Plant-Based Pork as a mince, the pork gets wonderfully crispy and tasty in this fried rice! Packed full of veggies and even more flavour, this cheap, quick and easy meal is a winner.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 packet of Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 6 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ onion diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups of cooked and chilled rice
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed and chopped
- ¼ bunch chives, finely chopped
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Pork as per the instructions, use as a mince.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large fry pan, once hot add your Deliciou Pork and gently stir over a high heat until you have slightly golden brown crumbs, remove and set aside in a large bowl.
- In the same pan, add 2 Tbsp oil, cook onions and garlic on medium heat until translucent and soft, then add carrot. Once carrot has softened slightly, add peas and cook through. Remove from heat and add to the same bowl as the pork.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil and turn to a high heat. When the oil is very hot and close to smoking, add cooked rice and lower the heat to medium. Stir and toss the rice until it has a toasted (but not burnt!) aroma, this should take about 2 minutes. Then add the rice to the mixing bowl.
- Finally add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and herbs into the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Split the mix into 4 serving bowls and eat!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free worldwide shipping for all orders over €25.