Posted on March 01, 2021
The ULTIMATE eggplant schnitzel recipe, with a crispy, garlicky crunch - try this recipe out to replace your regular vegetarian parmigiana!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil spray
- 4 medium Lebanese eggplants
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ bunch coriander or parsley, chopped
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup (185ml) soda water
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. Line a tray with baking paper and spray well with olive oil.
2. Leaving the stalks on, slice the the eggplants lengthways into halves.
3. Combine the panko crumbs and coriander/ parsley in a large bowl.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, Deliciou Chicken Seasoning, Deliciou Garlic Seasoning and pepper to combine. Add the soda water and whisk until just smooth.
5. Hold the stalk to dip eggplant in the batter then coat in the crumb, pressing to ensure the crumb sticks. Repeat with remaining eggplant halves.
6. Spray the eggplants well with oil and bake for 30 minutes until crisp and golden on the outside and soft in the centre, turning once.
7. To serve, sprinkle eggplants with extra coriander or parsley and Deliciou Chicken and Garlic Seasonings to taste and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Grab your Deliciou Chicken Seasoning & Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over €25..