Posted on July 17, 2020
Eyes on the pie! This simple pie is hearty and filling and perfect for a cold winter’s day. Or any day really - it’s that good!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry (vegan)
For the filling:
- 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based chicken
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
For the creamy sauce:
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Thaw shortcrust on kitchen counter.
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. In a large frypan on medium heat, fry the chicken as a mince in 3 Tbsp oil until slightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the onions, garlic and mushrooms until softened. Add the remaining filling ingredients as well as the cooked chicken and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, make the creamy sauce by melting the butter, then add the flour and stir until it becomes a paste. Add a little of the plant milk at a time, stirring until it’s absorbed by the butter mixture, until all the milk is used. It should be a thick but pourable consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning. Pour the sauce into the chicken filling and stir to combine.
- Mould one sheet of shortcrust pastry over the bottom and sides of a pie or baking dish. Spoon in the chicken filling, then cover with another layer of short crust pastry. Trim the edges to fit and seal by pressing with a fork.
- Bake for 30 mins or until pastry is golden. Serve warm and dig in!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.