Posted on March 19, 2020
We love bringing you plant-based alternatives to classic traditional meat based dishes. Today we've created a deliciou(s) Plant-Based Chicken shepherds pie that really hits the spot! The perfect winter dish when you're in the mood for a big cook up.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 200 grams of frozen green peas
- 100 grams of carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 600mls of passata
- 200mls of water
- 2 tsp of sugar
- Salt, black pepper, oregano to taste
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1kg of boiled potatoes
- 100 grams of vegan butter
- 200mls of water
- 2 tsp of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil and form chicken bite sized chunks.
- Cook the chunks in a pan with oil for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes and set aside once soft.
- In a soup pot start by frying the garlic and onions. After about 2 minutes add in the carrots, leek and green peas. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add in the passata, water and the sugar. Lower the heat and let it simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with a fork or with a potato masher and add in the milk, butter and season with salt and pepper.
- When the tomato sauce has thickened take it off the heat and transfer into a baking tray. Add the cooked chicken chunks to the sauce and cover everything with the mashed potatoes.
- Cook the pie in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 25 - 30 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are a golden brown colour. Serve and enjoy!
Grab your Plant-Based Chicken online and get free worldwide shipping on all orders over $30.