Posted on March 09, 2021
This easy Pork Ragu may be the plant-based king of all pastas!
Deliciously rich and made even tastier with our Plant-Based Pork, this recipe is as filling as it is tasty. Make this for a cold night in, grab a bottle of red, put on your favourite show and tuck in!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet of Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 240g vegetable stock
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vegan margarine
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- ½ brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt, pepper
- Pasta of your choice
- Vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- In a bowl, add Deliciou Plant-Based Pork, vegetable stock and olive oil. Mix and set aside to hydrate to make it more tender.
- In a small pot on low heat, melt margarine and caramelise onions and garlic until soft and light golden brown. Add pork and cook for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste and Italian herbs, stir well, cooking the tomato paste down until fragrant. Add tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer on low heat whilst preparing pasta.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package, removing pasta from water 2 minutes early.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce, stir well and continue to cook until pasta is al dente.
- Serve immediately! Garnish with your choice of vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast.
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.