Pork & Green Apple Burgers
Posted on July 07, 2021
It’s a little bit fancy and a little left-of-centre… this sweet and tangy green apple slaw balances the richness of the vegan pork burger. It’s something different that’ll be sure to take your plant-based burger game to the next level!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 4 vegan brioche burger buns
- Vegan butter for buns
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 1 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup chilled water
- 1 green apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 200g bag coleslaw
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ lemon, juice
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Mix the pork ingredients together and shape into 4 patties. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until step 4.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, lemon juice and vegan mayonnaise, then stir well to combine. Add the apple and coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
- Butter the burger buns on the insides, then toast on a large frypan for a minute to get the insides warm and crispy.
- Fry the pork patties in a large fry pan with oil until golden - about 2-3 mins on each side.
- Assemble the burgers by placing the patty on the bun, then a generous scoop of slaw, then the burger top. Serve warm and enjoy the tangy deliciousness!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.