Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Posted on October 30, 2020
Creamy, hearty and healthy, this pumpkin soup is our go-to for those chilly nights. Topped with crispy bacon croutons, this is a sure fire way to warm yourself up and satisfy your hunger.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only
- 1.5kg pumpkin, seeds removed, peeled and sliced in 3cm cubes
- 750ml boiling water + 1 Tbsp vegan stock powder, mixed
- 6 slices bread, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- In a large pot on medium heat, fry the onion, garlic and rosemary in 3 Tbsp oil until the onions are translucent. Then, stir in the pumpkin and pour in the boiling water and stock powder. Cook for about 15 mins or until the pumpkin is soft to pierce with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss the bread pieces in the olive oil and Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning and arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins or until golden and crunchy.
- When the soup vegetables are softened, remove pot from heat. Use a stick blender to puree the soup in the pot, or if using a blender, allow to cool slightly before blending. Once blended, taste soup and add salt & pepper as needed.
- Ladle up into individual bowls then top with bacony croutons. Feel free to sprinkle more Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning all over the soup and croutons for an extra bacony hit! Get it while it’s hot!
Grab your Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.