Bacony Vegan Mac 'n' Cheese
Posted on June 16, 2021
Give this classic family dish a plant based twist with our delicious Cheesy Bacon Seasoning!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 500g macaroni
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup plain flour
- 3 cups unsweetened oat milk
- 2 Tbsp Deliciou Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Deliciou Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salted water for two minutes less than package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesy bacon sauce: melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, then stir in the flour until it is all absorbed and makes a paste. Slowly add the milk a little at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding more milk. It should reach a thick but pourable consistency - if it is too thick, add more milk. Take off the heat and stir in the Deliciou Cheesy Bacon Seasoning. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Combine the cheesy bacon sauce and cooked macaroni, then pour into a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the breadcrumbs with 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp Deliciou Cheesy Bacon Seasoning. Scatter over the top of the macaroni & bake for 15 mins until piping hot & crisp. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Boil the macaroni in 2 cups water with 3 cups oat milk to get a really creamy result.
Shop online for free worldwide shipping on all orders over €25.