Posted on February 28, 2020
Open Sesame! This plant based Sesame Chicken will have you opening hearts and minds with its incredible flavour. Whether you are cooking for one, or sharing with your friends, this recipe is a real winner.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cups uncooked rice or 200g dried noodles
- 4 cups steamed vegetables
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cook noodles/rice according to package directions. Steam your choice of vegetables until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken with a pinch of salt, 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 cup cold water and mix well. Shape into 4 thin patties then pan fry with 3 Tbsp oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and slice into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds), and stir until it becomes sticky. Add the chicken to the sauce and toss through the sauce.
- Divide noodles/rice and steamed vegetables amongst individual bowls, then place a portion of the sesame chicken on each one. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dig in!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.